Assistant Web Developer
Red Letter is on the hunt for an Assistant Web Developer (AWD) to code moderately complex applications inside of existing frameworks, CMS’ and other systems. This entry level programming position works closely with the Account team to deploy turn-key programming for marketing campaigns while adhering to Red Letter’s design and coding standards. The AWD represents the Technology team in creative meetings, communicates system limitations to the Account team, escalates complex requests to system vendors and the Technology team, and pushes non-brand-standard design requests back to the Design team. The AWD also assists with content input as time permits. A few examples of the type of programming work are listed below:
- Coding a custom slider inside of a proprietary CMS.
- Coding basic landing pages for marketing campaigns.
- Coding and providing support for email campaigns.
- Integrating media from a third party (YouTube, Vimeo, etc) into a proprietary CMS.
It is expected that the AWD will continue to develop programming and technical skills and subsequently take responsibility for more complex projects.
Responsibilities & Duties Include (but aren’t limited to):
- Build and maintain small systems and applications inside of established systems using code-based authoring tools.
- Maintain full understanding of native system features and look to those first as solutions for code requests.
- Identify and report future issues that may result from custom coding requests.
- Avoid coding without proper design and scope documents in place.
- Alert team members when a feature request might cause scope creep or other loss of efficiency.
- Adhere to Red Letter’s best practices for coding and work with the Technology team to develop those practices as the agency grows.
Qualifications & Skills Include:
- B.S. in Computer Science or actively seeking degree in tech with proven experience as a coder of web applications.
- Basic understanding of WordPress, Drupal, or other popular CMS platforms.
- Basic skill level with PHP and MySQL (or other database management system).
- Basic skill level with Adobe Creative Cloud, especially Photoshop and Illustrator.
- Familiarity with front-end and CSS frameworks (Bootstrap, Foundation, Bourbon, etc.).
- Basic understanding of DNS.
- Sincere desire to learn more about web development and the full-stack.
This position reports to the Director of Technology.